multiple smb domains possible?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Sep 7 22:29:13 UTC 2005

I'm using Linux boxes with RedHat-style system-auth pam stacking to
accept password matches in the local passwd file or against a
windows PDC and that has worked well for quite a while.  I create
accounts for people I want to be able to log in, but don't maintain
another password for them.  I have apache using mod_auth_pam with
no account requirement so anyone in the windows domain can use the
web services even if they don't have a local Linux account.

Now the problem:  the windows admins are slowly moving people from
their current domain to active directory in a different domain.
Is there a way that I can continue to keep the existing mechanism
working but at least for the transition, also accept authentication
against the new AD controller?  That is, I want to do smb authentication
against PDC's in 2 different domains (the AD controller has emulation
on) or keep smb authentication and add something else for the AD.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com