pam_unix_auth or pam_unix

Praveen Kumar SPraveen at novell.com
Tue Jan 24 10:40:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am experimenting an aplication to use pam for its authentication and
was able to succesfully implement the support for PAM. Now,i am slightly
confused by seeing different pam authentication modules. which one is
most preferred pam module for authentication, pam_unix_auth or
pam_unix2. Are there any differences between pam_unix_auth and
pam_unix2. I came to know that pam_unix_auth can not support blowfish
encryption for password. I could not find propoer information realted to
this. Is pam_unix2 is the later version of pam_unix_auth? Any
information in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Praveen