pam_login_access vs. pam_access (fwd)

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Mon Jan 30 10:04:45 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, Mike Becher wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jan 05, Mike Becher wrote:

> > The second problem is that from gethostbyname only the first IP is
> > used. This was already broken in the old version, but now it depends
> > on if the IPv4 or the IPv6 address is the first one which is returned,
> > pure luck if this is really working.
> > getaddrinfo should be used instead.
> I know thread safety and reentrants are two different things and if one
> function is thread safe and/or reentrant depends on usage of function
> that are also thread safe and/or reentrant.

thread safe and reentrant are the same. If a function is reentrant, it
is thread safe, too. If a function is thread safe, it is reentrant, too.

Currently I'm rewriting this parts which use convert_hostname_r to
use getaddrinfo, which is reentrant and which will check for all
known IPs, not only the first one.

  Thorsten

Thorsten Kukuk         http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/      kukuk at suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH       Maxfeldstr. 5       D-90409 Nuernberg