Password problems.

Hi all

I have a problem when trying to get authentication to work. If I enter a clear text password in my LDAP directory for a user I can auth to it and log in to the server. If I then change the password using passwd everything works ok and the directory gets updated. But if I then try to change my password again I find myself failing to provide the new password. It seems like the client can't uncompress it correctly since I can verify my new password inside of my LDAP directory.

Any tip on how this can be solved? =)