Users are not able to change their passwords by the command passwd on AS 4 Update 2

JWang at fhsu.edu JWang at fhsu.edu
Thu Jul 27 14:59:14 UTC 2006

Hi, All,
Does anyone experience the problem on AS 4 Update 2 that users are not
able to change their passwords by the command passwd? I found the
following error message in the log file. I appreciate it if somebody can
lead me to the right direction to fix the problem.

passwd: Can't send to audit system: USER_CHAUTHTOK pid=28054 uid=500
loginuid=-1 message=passwd: password change failed