PAM on SuSE 10.0

Nicholas Gillotte ngillotte at rpaelectronics.com
Mon Jan 22 23:21:44 UTC 2007

I am trying to set up a PAM permission rule for a specific device. All the
guides I found indicate that I should put the .perms file
in /etc/security/console.perms.d/. However, this directory does not exist on
my system. Infact, I did a search for *.perms, and came up empty. I figured
that either the directory didn't exist because I didn't have any rules, or
because SuSE implements PAM differently than Fedora. Just to be sure, I
created the directory and the rule, but it did not seem to work.

Does anyone know if SuSE has a different implementation, and if so, where I
can find more info? I tried the online manuals, but they are mostly about
creating modules, which is not really what I am trying to do. Thanks.

--
Nicholas Gillotte
Software Engineer
ngillotte at rpaelectronics.com