Localization of pam messages

Ali Corbin acorbin at hevanet.com
Tue Jul 24 23:11:47 UTC 2007

I'm running pam-0.99.5.0-5.fc5, which has been i18nalized, but I can't
figure out how to get it to use another language.

I've tried setting LANG, and LINGUAS, and LC_MESSAGES and LC_ALL, on
the command line, in ~/.bashrc, in /etc/bachrc and in
/etc/sysconfig/i18n, all to no avail.   And when I dump out the
environment at the top of the pam stack, I get nothing.  So it seems
that my environment is getting cleared somewhere along the way.

So how does one go about getting pam to localize?

Ali