Re: Use specific PAM configuration.

Quoting Sridhar Bandi <bandisfire yahoo com>:

   Is it possible to have user specific configuration in PAM. For  example if
  we need to use LDAP as authentication for all the users and normal
  passwd based authentication for root, can we do that using the PAM
  framework? If it is possible, can someone refer me there?

Yes, you can use PAM for validating normal users using LDAP and root using /etc/passwd (and /etc/shadow). You do that by stacking PAM modules (pam_ldap for the LDAP part, and pam_unix for the local part).

Please take a look at http://www.padl.com/OSS/pam_ldap.html and RedHat's documentation might give you an idea on how to configure it: http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/ref-guide/s1-ldap-redhattips.html

/kneth

--
Kenneth Geisshirt, M.Sc., Ph.D.  ·  http://kenneth.geisshirt.dk
Majbøl Allé 18  ·  2770 Kastrup  ·  Denmark  ·  +45 60 62 71 82