RE: pam_tally: unknown option

Hi Monu,

Try with following lines. It is working for me without any problem.

auth        required      pam_tally.so no_magic_root

account     required    pam_tally.so per_user deny=5 no_magic_root reset

Let me know.

Regards,
Vasudeva

RE: pam_tally: unknown option

Thanks Joe, but as per documents, deny and unlock_time are auth options, not thee account options. When I changed the config as you mentioned:

account     required      pam_tally.so deny=2

the error "unknown option deny" stopped coming but it didn't make any difference in the time it waits after wrong passwd, even if I make it 20. The version, I can't change because of some dependency reasons.

--
Regards,
Vasudeva R

Alternate mail id: rvasu_deva hotmail com