pam_exec and PAM_USER

Sean Goller sean at CloudShield.com
Fri Jul 10 18:46:14 UTC 2009

Hi,
                I need to execute a script each time a user logs in, and the script needs the username. I've tried any number of things to get the PAM_USER environment variable and it always turns up empty.  I'm using RHEL5, can anyone tell me which section (auth,account, etc) I should put pam_exec in, and how should be accessing it from the script? It's a bash script so I thought that $PAM_USER would be sufficient. But that never seems to work for me. :(

-S.