Re: pam/winbind user not found problem

Terry wrote:

auth        requisite     pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 500 quiet

I think I found the issue.  It was giving the users because of this:
auth        requisite     pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 500 quiet

I am not sure why either.  This should allow the conversation to
continue if the uid is greater than or equal to 500?  Well, this user
in question has a uid of 15000.  I'm reviewing the docs just to see
what I am missing.

How is it supposed to know the uid of an account during the 'auth' phase if it is looking anywhere but a passwd file? I think I've run into a similar problem using smb authentication for a web app with no account requirement and ended up removing that.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com