pam_succeed_if's pam_sm_setcred

As of Linux-PAM 1.0.4, the pam_sm_setcred function of the pam_succeed_if module always returns PAM_IGNORE:

    PAM_EXTERN int
    pam_sm_setcred(pam_handle_t *pamh UNUSED, int flags UNUSED,
                   int argc UNUSED, const char **argv UNUSED)
    {
            return PAM_IGNORE;
    }

Is there any design reason not to give this function the same succeed_if behavior that the other pam_sm_* functions have? I ask because I have a real-world scenario in which I'd like to use pam_succeed_if to skip setcred for some modules under certain circumstances.

--
Ian Ward Comfort <icomfort rescomp stanford edu>
System Administrator, Student Computing, Stanford University