pam_succeed_if's pam_sm_setcred

Ian Ward Comfort icomfort at rescomp.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 5 19:12:08 UTC 2009

On 5 Mar 2009, at 10:45 AM, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> As written in the manual page of pam_sm_setcred():
>
>       The way the auth stack is navigated in order to evaluate the
>       pam_setcred() function call, independent of the
> pam_sm_setcred() return
>       codes, is exactly the same way that it was navigated when
> evaluating
>       the pam_authenticate() library call. Typically, if a stack
> entry was
>       ignored in evaluating pam_authenticate(), it will be ignored
> when
>       libpam evaluates the pam_setcred() function call. Otherwise,
> the return
>       codes from each module specific pam_sm_setcred() call are
> treated as
>       required.
>
> So what you wish to do is not possible.

Ah, thanks; obviously I missed that section.  (I must be missing
something else, too, as I thought I had my pam_authenticate stack
skipping this module, but that's for me to investigate.)

--
Ian Ward Comfort <icomfort at rescomp.stanford.edu>
System Administrator, Student Computing, Stanford University