[Platformone] [EXT] Re: Riddle me this, Batman (odd things in up-prod)

Jonathan Rickard jrickard at redhat.com
Thu Dec 5 01:01:11 UTC 2019

Tim,

The bastion node in C1 is a windows virtual machine that must be accessed
via Guacamole and is used as a legit jump/deploy server. As stated by Jon
and Dean - the ocp-bastion's only purpose is to deploy OpenShift - we could
probably rename it to make it easier for folks to understand. In our early
deployments this node was a true jump box as well, and we used it for
executing playbooks and IDM management...etc. Once we moved to the
ci-runner deployment the need for remote access really went away. The
server that Dean stood up (up-prod-bastion) is more of a management server,
which is where we're managing IDM access..etc from.

In C1, we break policy by implementing a "deploy" node in the environment
so we have to use a container that performs the same functions. This
container is run by the Jenkins instance, provided by the C1 team.

Hopefully that clears things up
jonny

Jonathan Rickard, RHCA

Principal Consultant, NAPS