[Platformone] [EXT] Re: IATT Way Ahead

DIROCCO, ROGER E GG-13 USAF AFMC ESC/AFLCMC/HNCP roger.dirocco.4 at us.af.mil
Wed Dec 18 16:17:29 UTC 2019

All, here are the notes I captured from this morning’s meeting with Nic:

•             Is Twistlock in runtime in Prod-B (and what about current Prod)?  If not, then it needs to be.  (recommend for RH P1 Team)

•             AWS Account Hardening — CloudWatch, CloudTrail, RBAC... (in progress with Adrian’s team)

•             DCAR S3 Bucket — Validate Proxy in place and no direct external access (recommend for Taylor’s DSOP Team)

•             Need Encryption on open Ports (recommend for RH P1 Team to look into)

•             Need better diagram showing both internal and external ports/protocols right on the diagram (no IPs or become Classified Document) with encryption, and what’s internal/external to AWS account, VPC, inside/outside cluster, what’s public facing and what’s not, application; for IATT focus on what’s outside the cluster—what goes in/out of cluster boundary and identify/define what goes in/out (which team will take lead?)

•             Action Item: Taylor send DSOP scans of apps to Nic, focus on the delta (the findings not covered by UBI)

•             Need to share with Nic the findings on facility scan from CYBERCOM/Darkwolf:  (Cybersecurity Team taking lead?)

                - 1. Wi-fi: WPA2, needs to be WPA3

                - 2. Facility Badging system has known vulnerabilities

                - 3. Third thing?

Mark/Kevin, please add the RH P1 and DSOP teams actions above to our GitLab Backlog.

--v/r, Roc