[publican-list] Comments in XML files, good, bad, or ugly?

Michael Hideo-Smith mhideo at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 21:49:32 UTC 2008

----- "Jeff Fearn" <jfearn at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hi Jeff,

I am in favour of preserving comments during the clean_ids routine. It has always been the in-line comments that break translation.

ie this is bad:

<para>So then <!-- Mary Jane --> Mary said, these codes sample in <!-- BZ443556 --> BZ4333 no worky worky for me. </para>

ie this is good

<!-- Was Mary Jane and was BZ443556 -->
<para>So then Mary said, this codes sample in BZ4333 no worky worky for me.</para>

- Mike