[publican-list] image caption and image inside pdf

David O'Brien davido at redhat.com
Mon Aug 24 00:37:35 UTC 2009

mbutubuntu wrote:
> Hello folks I've two questions for you:
>
> 1) how to create a caption for an image?
>
> 2) If I make an html documentation all images are "respected" in their
> size, if I make a pdf all images are enlarged to fill all the page (in
> the horizontal axis) why?
>
> thanks
>
> Fabio [mbutubuntu] Buda

Ciao Fabio, come va?

How are you adding images to your xml? I use the following as a
template, and the text I include as the title becomes the caption for
the image:
<figure>
<title></title>
<mediaobject>
<imageobject>
<imagedata fileref="./images/<filename>.png" format="PNG" scalefit="1" />
</imageobject>
</mediaobject>
</figure>

For an example, refer to the following page:
http://freeipa.org/docs/1.2/Administration_Guide/en-US/html/chap-Administration_Guide-Configuring_Users_and_Groups.html
Is that the effect you are trying to achieve? (Bear in mind these docs
were produced with an earlier version of publican, but that shouldn't
matter.)

Most of the images I use are of a web interface, and consequently use
most of the page width anyway. Perhaps somebody else on the list can
help with this?

ciao,
David

--
David O'Brien
IPA Content Author

http://freeipa.org/page/DocumentationPortal
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/ipadocs.git

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever."
  ~ Chinese proverb