[publican-list] Formatting Articles, a discussion of BZ #494147

Jeffrey Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Thu Dec 3 22:11:08 UTC 2009

Ruediger Landmann wrote:
> On 12/03/2009 03:24 PM, Jeffrey Fearn wrote:
>>
>> Mock ups are always good :)
>>

> So here's my idea of what an article might look like with minimalist
> formatting:
>
> http://rlandmann.fedorapeople.org/artdemo/
>

> I did toy with the idea of making the names clickable email addresses,
> but thought again about how this might look when printed on dead trees,
> and kept the names separate.

A: We don't care what HTML looks like printed. If we did care we'd have
a style sheet for it.

B: The PDF already handles this with footnotes with the full URL in it.

> Too stark?

Not for me. I'd drop the revision history, shorten the legal notice, and
move the copyright and legal link to the top. I'd also just use the
license acronym as a link to the upstream text.

e.g.

Copyright © 2009 Red Hat, Inc. and others. CC-BY-SA

Where CC-BY-SA is a link to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>