[publican-list] Creating Parts

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Sat May 2 00:44:45 UTC 2009

On 05/01/2009 04:02 PM, Lana Brindley wrote:
> Alright, so maybe I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but I haven't created
> parts in a book before. Now, I've got a new book (which I made using
> create_book), and I want to split it into three parts - Hardware,
> Application Architecture, and Library Services. How do I create the
> parts so that I can then create the chapters to sit underneath them?
>
> (Yes, I've RTFM and unless I'm blind - which is entirely possible -
> there's nothing about this in there).

A part is just another block level tag like a chapter or a section.

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/part.html

<book>
  <title>foo, fu or phu?</title>
  <part>
   <title>I am a part of this! boom tish</title>
   <chapter>
    <title>Cat's are better than dogs, oh my</title>
   </chapter>
  </part>
  <part>
   <title>Apart form the other part>
   <chapter>
    <title>Goat cheese and it's medical applications</title>
   </chapter>
  </part>
</book>

Cheers, Jeff.