[publican-list] Suggesting /usr/share/publican instead of /usr/share/Publican

Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) danai at debian.org
Sat Sep 5 13:19:59 UTC 2009

Hi

I'm wondering if there's a reason why Publican puts everything in
/usr/share/Publican/.  Is it a Red Hat policy to start directories in
/usr/share/ with a capital?  If not, would you consider renaming it to
its lowercase version (cfr. line 173 of Build.PL in the trunk)?  As an
end user I expected the files to be in /usr/share/publican/.

On line 14 of publican.spec in the trunk I have noticed the following:

 # TODO after beta revert to lower case name

Does this mean that "Publican" will be renamed to "publican" in the
future, and with it the name in /usr/share/?

The reason I ask is because on Debian, most packages use directories
in lowercase in /usr/share/.  FYI: on Debian I have therefore opened
bug report  #545127 (see [1]); you are free to join, of course.

Best regards, and thanks for Publican.