[publican-list] Creating a custom brand - can't get working

Alastair Sherringham sherringham at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 06:54:32 UTC 2010

On 7 April 2010 06:02, Jeffrey Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com> wrote:
> The correct process here is:
>
> $ cd publican-Acme
> $ publican build --formats xml --langs all --publish
> $ sudo publican installbrand --path /usr/share/publican/Common_Content

Thanks Jeff.

The Users Guide (built in 1.6.2) is not clear here (Chapter 4.
Branding). The section on installing a brand (4.1) says "you must
place the brand files in a subdirectory of the Publican Common Content
directory." Nothing I can see about build/publish or installbrand. I
tried "installbrand" once before but got errors (maybe due to missing
build/publish step).

Unfortunately, it is still not working.

I did the above commands for the brand. I now have a brand directory
and structure :

/usr/share/publican/Common_Content/Acme/

and my image files are present.

My manual publican.cfg file contains :

xml_lang: en-US
type: Book
brand: Acme

I now clean and build my manual :

publican clean
publican build --formats=html --langs=en-US

The directory is populated :

tmp/en-US/html/Common_Content/images/

does *not* contain the "Acme" images. The manual is not custom branded.

What am I missing now?

Cheers,

--
Alastair Sherringham