[publican-list] Quick intro, small patch, and one question

Jeffrey Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Wed Apr 14 23:52:13 UTC 2010

Hi Raphael, welcome :)

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I discovered publican recently (via LWN.net) and have started using it
> for my book (http://ouaza.com/livre/admin-debian/) that I plan to translate
> to English. In the process I find out bugs and filled them on the bugzilla.
>
> Since I'm also a Debian developer and since the publican package was out
> of date in sid, I started co-maintaining the package and just uploaded
> 1.6.2 to Debian unstable. In the process, one of our QA tool spotted a
> typo in the POD documentation, a small patch is attached, please apply it.

Thanks, applied.

> http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/publican.html
>
> And to finish this mail, is it possible for brands to further
> override/extend the XSL ?
>
> I have many <ulink href=""/> (i.e. without content) that I would like to
> see formatted as block (with a small sign in front) instead of inline and
> wondered if such customization could be made with a custom brand.

Brands can override the XSL in anyway. The easiest way is to copy the
original template from the Publican or DocBook XSL in to you brands
html/pdf/html-single xsl file and then change it to match your requirements.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Software Engineer