[publican-list] Packaging Files with Books

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at redhat.com
Tue Jun 29 06:23:04 UTC 2010

I've just discovered that things added to the files/ directory under <bookname>en-US/ are added to packages (RPMs, tarballs) created with the 'publican package' command. It seems that these files can be linked to via <ulink url="files/<filename>" /> as well. This works swimmingly, except for PDFs. In a PDF, contents of the url parameter are shown in blue italics, as though they were a link. Of course they are not linkable.

I have not been able to come up with a brilliant solution for how this would ideally work in PDFs, but I thought I'd put it out there for discussion.

--
Misty Stanley-Jones
Content Author, ECS