[publican-list] Feedback from internal Publican User

Jared Morgan jmorgan at redhat.com
Wed May 19 22:22:31 UTC 2010

I've been communicating with Jonathan Haliday about some problems he's been having with working out how to obtain jboss and rh brands. He went to the trouble of checking out the source and copying front matter files where they needed to go. He was quite frustrated that he had to do this, and that there were no instructions about how to obtain the internal brands.

He has a valid point. Publican is being used wider than ECS now, and we need to cater for that.

I wonder if we could include something in the PUG for RH employees:

    • How to download brands, and the location of brew. If an external publican user tries to get the files, they will be out of luck because brew is internal, right?.
    • The publican-list email address could also be mentioned in the guide. Perhaps not a full email (to prevent bots harvesting the address), but a mention that you should join the list using the RH mailman system.

What are your thoughts about this?

Cheers

Jared Morgan
Content Author