[publican-list] RFC: Modified JBoss brand (was Re: RFE for Publican Brands)

misty at redhat.com misty at redhat.com
Tue Oct 12 22:41:24 UTC 2010

----- "Jeffrey Fearn" <jfearn at redhat.com> wrote:

> Verbatim style: Like!
>
> Admonition Style: The borders aren't useful in differentiating the
> content. I think they could look better without them ... maybe new
> icons
> would help there?

I think they need something besides the icons to differentiate them, especially the warning. At the same time, O'Reilly print documentation seems to use one icon for notice/tip/info and another one for warning/caution. No other differentiation. And they've sold a lot of books using this system. Any other thoughts on this? Maybe Sean has some thoughts (he is a usability expert after all).

> Example Style: The colored border just looks wrong, this one has
> always
> been the worst looking IMHO and the extra border was probably what was
>
> wrong with it. I think the title at the top is demarcation enough.

I think I agree with you and would like to change it to just a 1px dark grey border, with white text inside. Thoughts?

> Figure Style: The title looks wrong at the top.

We all agree and I have changed it in my working copy.

> We never tell people to manually copy files in to system areas, we
> have
> processes to install them properly so their systems don't become hard
> upgrade, or recover[...]

Fair enough. In my enthusiasm I had forgotten that Publican has a procedure for installing brands.

--
Misty Stanley-Jones
Content Author, ECS Brisbane