[publican-list] publican-list Digest, Vol 42, Issue 15

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Sun Sep 25 23:33:09 UTC 2011

On 09/24/2011 03:12 AM, Rob LaMora wrote:
> Sorry for the ignorance here, but how would I go about updating my Publican 2.7 installation to version 2.8 on my Fedora 15 client? I see the link to the source tarball, but I am not sure how to upgrade.
>>
>> Fedora builds have been done, please add a response to Bhodi if you are
>> using them.
>>
>> Fedora 15:
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F15?_csrf_token=75a9c78ececd887a0f16ed0b0b1e9afad0a9c5c8

If a build is in Bhodi you should be able to install it by enabling the
updates-testing repository.

$ sudo yum upgrade --enablerepo=updates-testing publican\*

Then if you are happy with it you go to Bhodi and give it a tick so the
build gets in to the updates repo.

If you are unhappy with the new version you can easily downgrade to the
previous version.

$ sudo yum downgrade publican\*

FWIW I think 2.8 is in the updates repo now.

Cheers, Jeff.