[publican-list] ask help for using publican to generate pdf from docbook xml files

gao1738 at sina.com gao1738 at sina.com
Wed Apr 18 04:11:22 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am a newer in publican, and trying to using it to generate a big pdf (more than 2000 pages) file from a list of docbook xml files.
Now I meet a problem:

warning: Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by 2000mpt. (fo:block, location: 33553/315)
2012-4-18 11:23:56 org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager$LineBreakingAlgorithm updateData2
warning: Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by 25000mpt. (fo:block, location: 26433/1280)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
    at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager.postProcessLineBreaks(LineLayoutManager.java:1052)
    at org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager.createLineBreaks(LineLayoutManager.java:925)

I google this problem and I get a solution:
using the jvm option: -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit

But I don't know how to add this jvm option to publican.
Does anyone could give me some suggestions?
Thanks in advance!!!

Best Regards,
Dennis GAO