[publican-list] What's the status of publican on Windows?

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 22:42:08 UTC 2012

On 08/14/2012 12:31 AM, Mark Miesfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of the things that interested me about publican was the presence
> of a Windows installer.  It would be convenient for me to be able to
> work on Windows, rather than having to boot into a Linux system
> whenever I needed to work on our documentation.
>
> But, when I installed publican, I see that the publican.exe is dated
> 2009.

https://fedorahosted.org/releases/p/u/publican/Publican-Installer-2.3.exe is
from Nov 2010.

>  And it won't run on my Windows 7 system.

Can you tell us why?

> So, I'm guessing there is really not much support for running publican
> on Windows.  Is that true, or am I missing something?

It's quite an effort to get it working and we receive very little feed
back about it so it's not a priority. Publican 3.0 is around the corner
and I do hope to have a Windows installer for that. I have access to
Vista and Win7 so hopefully I can get it working on both.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Acting Supervisor