[publican-list] I have problem reading formatted EPUB files on android.

Norman Dunbar Norman at dunbar-it.co.uk
Sun Dec 2 14:18:53 UTC 2012

Hi Elizier,
 > first question is what EPUB reader are you using in PC\desktop?
> And if you do use it on android devices what reader are you using?
I use Linux on my desktop and laptop. I read ebooks and docs using
Okular and the inbuilt eBook reader in the Calibre eBook library
utility. I also read some in a Firefox extension called EPUBReader 1.4.2.1.

> I have tried couple.
> Most of them will show the colored part uncolored while only one showed
> it in color but the format lost which was something like this:
> ##start
> package org.jboss.book.jca.ex1;    import javax.naming.InitialContext;
> public class ExClient   {      public static void main(String args[])
>       throws Exception .......
> ##end

Mine all show the coloured code in colour, plus any code examples are
shown with the correct format. However, I have a problem with documents
created with Publican 2.8 on my system where the source code (and any
<screen> elements) show the same formatting problems that you see -
where previous versions of Publican created perfect documents.

I haven't tracked it down yet, I'm still working on it. I have a thread
open on this list elsewhere entitled "Screen and Programlisting oddities
in Publican 2.8" and I'm now wondering if the documents you are reading
have been created with 2.8?

Have you always had this problem or is it something that has recently
appeared?

Cheers,
Norm.

--