[publican-list] Publican Error

Ruediger Landmann rlandmann at redhat.com
Mon Nov 25 08:11:11 UTC 2013

On 11/25/2013 05:02 PM, Radhika Puthiyetath wrote:
> Hi Jeffrey and team,
>
> While validating  a file by using publican,  there is a validity issue stopping me to build a file.
>
> The command used is:
>

> Publican build -format=pdf -langs=en-us -config=publican.cfg.
>

> The error I am getting is the following:
>
> Release_Notes.xml:3509: validity error : Element listitem content does not follow the DTD, expecting (calloutlist | glosslist | bibliolist | itemizedlist | orderedlist | segmentedlist | simplelist | v ariablelist | caution | important | note | tip | warning | literallayout | programlisting | programl istingco | screen | screenco | screenshot | synopsis | cmdsynopsis | funcsynopsis | classsynopsis | fieldsynopsis | constructorsynopsis | destructorsynopsis | methodsynopsis | formalpara | para | simp ara | address | blockquote | graphic | graphicco | mediaobject | mediaobjectco | informalequation | informalexample | informalfigure | informaltable | equation | example | figure | table | msgset | pr ocedure | sidebar | qandaset | task | anchor | bridgehead | remark | highlights | abstract | authorb lurb | epigraph | indexterm | beginpage)+, got (para programlisting CDATA)
>
> The issue is that the CDATA element cannot be located in the file.
>
> I tried all possible method but failed. So writing to you and to the list.
>
> Let me know if you need our brand files.
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi Radhika --

In this context, CDATA just means characters that are located outside
DocBook's set of tags: it's stray, untagged content. For example:

<listitem>
<para>Run:</para>
<programlisting>./hello_world.sh</programlisting>
</listitem>

works fine but:

<listitem>
<para>Run:</para>
<programlisting>./hello_world.sh</programlisting> JUNK
</listitem>

produces the error that you're seeing. "JUNK" is "between tags"; it's CDATA.

In this case, the problem's here:

             <listitem><para>Change it to point to the new package
               repository:</para><programlisting language="Bash">deb
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/ubuntu precise 4.2.1</programlisting>If
               you're using your own package repository, change this
line to read as appropriate for
               your 4.2.1 repository.</listitem>
             <listitem>

Change that to:

http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/ubuntu precise 4.2.1</programlisting><para>If
               you're using your own package repository, change this
line to read as appropriate for
           your 4.2.1 repository.</para></listitem>

and everything's fine!

Cheers
Rudi