[publican-list] Tips on How to best use Publican / Docbook

norman@dunbar-it.co.uk norman at dunbar-it.co.uk
Fri Oct 4 22:25:25 UTC 2013

I use Xml Mind's XXE which used to offer a free for Open Source version. Sadly they changed this recently and now offer a trial version instead, which is time limited.

I write docs for the Firebird Database
Project, and we use the last free version.

I suspect if you search for "free Xie" then you will most likely find it.

It is nearly WYSIWYG but not quite as the on screen rendering uses a local copy of DocBook XSL which is not the one that Publican uses. But it's good enough.

It also allows you to access the raw XML as well, should you need to.

If you can find version 5, you should be good to go.

Good luck.

Norm.

Sent from my HTC phone, tiny screen, tiny keyboard, fat fingers! Please excuse typos and spelling etc. ;-)