[publican-list] RFC: style changes

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Mon May 26 04:35:56 UTC 2014

On 05/16/2014 08:52 AM, Jeff Fearn wrote:
> Hi, we are reworking the DocBook5 HTML5 styles, and would like to
> give people a chance to comment on them.
>
> I've reworked the style in a lot of areas, moar white space! There
> are some specific issues I'd like to highlight.
>

> BZ# 109349 [1] RFE: Simplify styling of breakout block
>
> Examples can be seen:
>
> http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/HTML5_Test/html/pref-Publican-Users_Guide-Preface.html#idm210053778208
>

> http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/HTML5_Test/html/chap-Publican-Users_Guide-Publican_defaults.html
>

> For 4.1. we added revisionFlag support, but it was undocumented
> and not widely discussed. I've added a section to the PUG, and at
> the same time added examples of the other sections in 4.10
> "Pre-release software and draft documentation". Clearly the example
> for draft interacts badly with the whole page being in draft, it's
> not a bug! Same for 4.10.4 being highlighted as added :)
>
> http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/HTML5_Test/html/sect-Publican-Users_Guide-Pre_release_software_and_draft_documentation.html#idm210029046352
>

> I've changed the colours used in syntax highlighting. I found the
> other colours unhelpful.
>
> http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/HTML5_Test/html/chap-Publican-Users_Guide-Using_sets.html
>

> I edited lots of stuff in the PUG, deleted things, automated
> generation of some appendixes, it will need a thorough going over
> by a writer.

BZ #1088051 asked to be able to only display a limited number of lines
of a program listing with the option to show them all.

Example:
http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/HTML5_Test/html/chap-Publican-Users_Guide-Installing_Publican.html#sect-Publican-Users_Guide-Debian

(Item one in the very last list in that section).

BZ #1092351 asked to be able to display a selection of program listing
languages and view the code for the language selected.

Example:
http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/HTML5_Test/html/pref-Publican-Users_Guide-Introduction.html

Cheers, Jeff.