[publican-list] Create book without version

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Thu Jul 23 22:49:19 UTC 2015

Hi Jeff,

Quoting "Jeff Fearn" <jfearn at redhat.com>:

> Set the version in the book's config file and remove the version tag
> entirely from the info file.

That did the trick!  Perfect!  And I can still produce/build versioned
documentation :-)

Now I am going to see if I can make tables work (I saw some posts in
the archives about it not working as it should, but we'll see!)

On a side note, I am wanting to setup some sort of version control
system; what is your recommendation?  I see subversion and git
mentioned the most, but then others suggest that they may be overkill,
as you wouldn't need the features like "trunks", "branches", etc.

What does Red Hat use for version control of documents?

Thanks! :-)

-Alan