[publican-list] Versioning control

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Fri Jul 24 10:12:45 UTC 2015

Sorry, I had one other question regarding versioning control.  I know it
is not strictly Publican-related, but I think it is semi-related, and I
didn't want to completely "pollute" my other thread.

My company services several clients for whom we maintain documentation.
  I see that both SVN and git can do "sub-projects", though they both
seem to have their own pros/cons with how they manage it.

Would it be better to setup each client as a "project" with each set of
documentation as a sub project, like this:

|--CLIENT1
|  |--Network_Documentation
|  |--Business_Continuity_Plan
|  `--Some_Other_Document
|--CLIENT2
|  |--Document1
|  |--Document2
|  `--Document3

Or would it be better all-around to do something like this:

|--CLIENT1_NAME-Network_Documentation
|--CLIENT2_NAME-Document1
|--CLIENT1_NAME-Business_Continuity_Plan
|--etc.

In the second instance, is it possible to sort the projects by name, so
the documents for specific clients?  I imagine this would be more a
feature of the web-based respository browser?

Thanks!  I think that's really the only other thing I was wondering
before jumping in to it myself :-)

-Alan