[publican-list] publican error

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Sun Jun 18 23:46:31 UTC 2017

Hi Rushina, looks like you are using an old version of publican?

> These are the messages I get on Git bash while generating output (while the html folder remains empty :().

None of the Windows installers are designed to be used in git bash, so if you are using one of those you
could try running it at a normal command prompt.

> The text highlighted in blue seems to be culprit.

I'm too old and grumpy to use HTML email :)

> FATAL ERROR: http:2020 in  on line 0: Unknown IO error at script/publican line 884

We'd have to know which version of publican you are using to look at the right version of this file. At
a guess I' say it can;t find one of the the DocBook XSL files or you have something in your XML that's
confusing it.

If you are using gitbash then you can probably use a combination of the Windows and CPAN instructions in
the README [1] to get a newer version of publican working.

Although I note the README has the old git repo and not the new one, I've opened a bug for that.

Cheers, Jeff.

1: https://sourceware.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=publican.git;a=blob_plain;f=README;hb=HEAD