[Pulp-dev] Redmine-ism: Can't set Priority on issue 2099

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 21:23:53 UTC 2016

tl;dr: I adjusted pulp.plan.io to not calculate PRIORITY from subtasks
which is why issue 2099 was mysteriously missing its PRIORITY field.

The helpful folks at plan.io sent me this info:

=== paste ===

By default, attributes such as start and due dates are bubbled up from
subtasks to their parent tasks: e.g. the start/due date is the
earliest/latest start/end date of its subtasks. The same is true for
priorities and the estimated time: the priority of a parent task is the
highest priority of its subtasks and the estimated time is the sum of the
estimated times of its subtasks.

You can configure which of these attributes should be derived from subtasks
for all projects. You can find the setting in *Your Avatar* ->
*Administration* -> *Settings* -> *Issue tracking* -> *Parent Task
Attributes*.

I've adjusted the PRIORITY field to be set independently of subtasks. Now
issue 2099 [0] can have its PRIORITY field edited. :-)

The % done and start/stop dates are still rolled up from subtasks. This is
not a big config change so I went ahead and did it. If we should revert it
or have more discussion please reply.

[0]: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2099

Thanks,
Brian