[Pulp-dev] Does everything live in pulp.app?

Austin Macdonald amacdona at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 13:05:27 UTC 2016

On 09/15/2016 11:47 AM, Brian Bouterse wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I'm wondering if moving it to pulp.tasks would be a better home? Along
> with that line of thinking, we would only put code in the Django app
> which Django uses. Views, Models, Migrations, Settings, Middleware.
> Things like that.
>
> This would cause any number of python packages to live as
> pulp.<mypackagename> instead of pulp.app.<mypackagename>

Will the home of tasks affect the import order? Particularly since we
are also splitting the models out of a single file, I am reminded
strongly of the circular imports disaster we had in 2.y when workers
attempted to import their tasks, which each needed different models.
Tbh, I am having a hard time imagining how the final import trees might
look, but I am curious if that is something that has been planned.