[Pulp-dev] As a user, I can create a repository version from any repository version

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 19:19:44 UTC 2018

Meeting with Katello, it’s clear they need the ability to clone repository
versions to support incremental updates. We’ve worked on a design in the
following issue that should support this use case:

https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3360

<https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3360>IIRC, I think we pretty much reached a
consensus around adding an extra parameter called ‘base_version’ to the
endpoint POST /pulp/api/v3/repositories/1234/versions/. Katello requires
that this parameter can point to any repo version including ones belonging
to other repos. Also, I’m imagining that the add/remove_content parameters
can be used to modify the content provided by base_version.

If there are no objections to this proposal by July 12th, I’d like to mark
the issue as groomed and we can consider adding it to the next sprint
during our sprint planning on July 13th.

I’ll also create a second issue to further discuss the branching proposals
brought up in #3360.

David