[Pulp-dev] Commit message validation

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 14:43:39 UTC 2018

In the two weeks since we’ve rolled out commit message issue validation,
there have been no complaints. Thus I’m rolling it out to pulp_file and
pulp_rpm next.

Also, QE brought to my attention a tool to validate the format of commit
messages called gitlint:

https://jorisroovers.github.io/gitlint/

It validates stuff like line length, trailing whitespace, etc. Interested
in people’s thoughts.

David