[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu Jun 6 17:08:04 UTC 2019

Pulp 2:

   - Modularity bug updates https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4693
      - As noted, erroneous behavior reproduced w/ modules in the Fedora
      modules repo
      - It seems like a lot of modules are copied correctly, but some
      aren't. Trying to figure out the pattern.
      - Refactoring PR, doesn't fix any issues
      https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1367
         - ttereshc to review it
         - Added lots of docstrings so that less code reading and
      re-reading is necessary to figure out what functions do

   - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4869  RPMTAG_MODULARITYLABEL
      - available on F30+
      - working with DNF team to make it available on Centos7

Pulp 3:

   - modularity updates
      - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4873 groomed and on the sprint

   - need to improve pulplift - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4770
      - dkliban to leave his thoughts, so whoever picks it has more ideas
      on how to complete this taskwhich potentially will be just a docs
      improvement

   - bindings
      - dkliban to publish them today
         - already done
         - https://rubygems.org/gems/pulp_rpm_client
         - https://pypi.org/project/pulp-rpm-client/
      - bmbouter to help with docs for it
      - announcement should go onto mailing list

   - start making changelog entries
      - best effort before it's required by travis

   - Problem: duplicates during upload
      - email thread
      https://www.redhat.com/archives/pulp-dev/2019-May/msg00061.html
      - AI: provide feedback, there are good suggestions and concerns from
      Simon

   - Did we ever check in migrations?
      - no, ttereshc forgot to include them into release last time
      - we should do it with the next release

   - Planning on next release
      - no need to wait for the next pulpcore RC if we have anything useful
      to release

   - pulp_rpm requires DB to be in utf8 format
      - great and it's a default in Django

Open PRs:

   - https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pulls
      - community Pulp 2 PR - cant reproduce the problem
         -  https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1343
            - no reply for quite a while, closed

   - black: https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1355
            - Holding off until pulp-dev discussion/PUP is resolved

Triage:

   - Un-triaged bugs
   https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp_rpm/issues?query_id=30
   - Triage etherpad https://etherpad.net/p/rpm_triage_grooming