[redhat-lspp] Write up restrictions

Frank Mayer mayerf at tresys.com
Wed Jun 29 14:33:11 UTC 2005

> I hate to use one of my own papers as a reference, but of hand it's
> the only one I can think of that talks around the issue of using
> write ups and read downs for untrusted MLS aware applications: Mayer,
> Padilla, "An Example Complex Application for High Assurance Systems,"
> 15th National Computer Security Conference, October 1992

Morrie Gasser's excellent book on builing trusted systems (circa 1988) has a
nice warning about confusing MLS with integrity on the bottom half of page
69. Unfortunately his book is out of print (just to show how old all this
stuff is), but its freely available at
http://nucia.ist.unomaha.edu/library/gasserbook.pdf .

[OK I'm officially off my soapbox :-) ]