[redhat-lspp] filesystem audit status

Amy Griffis amy.griffis at hp.com
Fri Jan 13 19:06:04 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've received several questions lately regarding the status of the
filesystem auditing kernel implementation I've been working on.  Here
is an update.

1. Augment audit context collection
   http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-audit/2005-October/msg00048.html

   Patches: 2
   http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-audit/2005-October/msg00049.html
   http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-audit/2005-October/msg00050.html

2. Audit rule interface changes
   http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-audit/2006-January/msg00043.html

   Patches: 2
   http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-audit/2006-January/msg00044.html
   http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-audit/2006-January/msg00045.html

   feedback received.  These should be ready for the lspp test kernel.

3. Inotify kernel api

   Patches: 1
   https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-audit/2005-August/msg00055.html

   inotify maintainer.  May want/need to make a cleaner division
   between kernel api, user api and core code.

4. Audit inotify client

   Patches: 1

   patch next week.

Additionally, there are some usability features we've discussed on
linux-audit that could be added.  I consider them separate from the
patches for the baseline set of features (those currently present in
RHEL4), and can be added after the above pieces have been completed.

Hope this helps.

Amy