[redhat-lspp] initial cups-1.2.1-18.1lspp patch

Matt Anderson mra at hp.com
Sat Jul 15 06:42:18 UTC 2006

Attached is the latest version of the lspp CUPS patch.

The patch also exist at
http://free.linux.hp.com/~mra/patches/cups-lspp.patch
RPM related files at
http://free.linux.hp.com/~mra/rpms/cups.spec
http://free.linux.hp.com/~mra/rpms/cups-1.2.1-18.1lspp.src.rpm
http://free.linux.hp.com/~mra/rpms/cups-1.2.1-18.1lspp.i386.rpm
http://free.linux.hp.com/~mra/rpms/cups-1.2.1-18.1lspp.ia64.rpm
http://free.linux.hp.com/~mra/rpms/cups-1.2.1-18.1lspp.x86_64.rpm
and some policy files (you may not need these)
http://free.linux.hp.com/~mra/policy/

When using the rpm be sure and set
/etc/cups/client.conf
ServerName /var/run/cups/cups.sock

and in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf you'll want to comment out the line
#Listen localhost:631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock

Additionally you may want to set
Browsing No
FileDevices Yes

Classification can be set to mls, te, or selinux
mls = s0
te = user_lpr_t
selinux = user_u:user_r:user_lpr_t:s0

Recently paps became the default filter for text/plain and text/html.  I
haven't integrated with paps yet, so you'll want to reset those entries
in /etc/cups/mime.convs to texttops from texttopaps.

So far I've verified this rpm works on an mls enforcing system printing
over a parallel port and socket. From a targeted system printing via a
socket network printer.  I've also been able to print to a socket
printer without setting Classification or enabling any LSPP awareness.

-matt