[redhat-lspp] RE: Networking policy patch

Venkat Yekkirala vyekkirala at TrustedCS.com
Fri Oct 6 13:27:36 UTC 2006

> > NOTE FOR JOSHUA: This patch also defines the constraints to
> force context
> > equality for association:sendto.
>
> I'm starting a labeled networking branch of refpolicy to work
> with this.
> I'm waiting until the dust settles before adding TE rules, but I have
> some questions:
>
> > +mlsconstrain association { recvfrom }
> > +	((( l1 dom l2 ) and ( l1 domby h2 )) or
> > +	 (( t1 == mlsnetreadtoclr ) and ( h1 dom l2 )) or
> > +	 ( t1 == mlsnetread ) or
> > +	 ( t2 == unlabeled_t ));
>
> Don't we want network_t instead of unlabeled_t?

Actually, the above only applies to the compat_net case
and there unlabeled_t is just fine.

So, there are different MLS constraints (and policy) for
the compat_net case as opposed to the new secmark controls.

I guess you are planning to have one policy for compat_net
and another for secmark?

> > +mlsconstrain association { sendto }
> > +	(( l1 eq l2 ) and ( h1 eq h2 ));
>
> or (t2 == network_t) ?

No. Not in the secmark case.

> > +mlsconstrain association { polmatch }
> > +	((( l1 dom l2 ) and ( l1 domby h2 )) or
> > +	 ( t2 == unlabeled_t ));
>
> same thing about network_t

Actually, chuck the t2 == unlabeled_t exception all together.
It doesn't apply to the secmark policy.

> > +constrain association sendto
> > +	( u1 == u2 and r1 == r2 and t1 == t2 );
>
> I talked with Joshua and we determined that there is a case were we
> don't want this constraint (looking forward to policy management
> server's use of labeled networking), so I've dropped it.

The above constraint is necessary for the kernel portions of SELinux
to work properly. In fact I was going to originally implement it in the
kernel and when Darrel made me aware of the constraint framework and the
benefits with avc caching, etc., I decided to use it.