[redhat-lspp] write access to /selinux/avc/cache_threshold

Trevor S Highland tshighla at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 17 18:40:42 UTC 2007

I am trying to open /selinux/avc/cache_threshold for writing as root with
the staff_r role.  The open succeeds.  When I attempt to write to the file,
the write succeeds if I write the value that is currently in the file.  If
I write any other value write returns EPERM.  From my understanding staff_r
should not have write access to /selinux/avc/cache_threshold.  If this is
the case, can anyone explain why the open succeeds.

Thank you,
Trevor