[redhat-lspp] LSPP Development Telecon 02/12/2007 Minutes

Loulwa Salem loulwas at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 13 00:44:09 UTC 2007

02/12/2007 lspp Meeting Minutes:
===============================
   Attendees

   George Wilson (IBM) - GW
   Lawrence Wilson (IBM) - LW
   Kris Wilson (IBM) - KEW
   Loulwa Salem (IBM) - LS
   Debora Velarde (IBM) - DV
   Michael Thompson (IBM) - MT
   Joy Latten (IBM) - JL
   Kylene J Hall (IBM) - KH
   Irina Boverman (Red Hat) - IB
   Steve Grubb (Red Hat) - SG
   Dan Walsh (Red Hat) - DW
   Eric Paris (Red Hat) - EP
   Tomas Mraz (Red Hat)
   Lisa Smith (HP) - LMS
   Linda Knippers (HP) - LK
   Matt Anderson (HP) - MA
   Klaus Weidner (Atsec) - KW
   Chad Hanson (TCS) - CH

Tentative Agenda:

     GW: Irena sent a list of bugs. We'll use tracking bug 224041 that Irena
	opened for us. If everyone can get that bug opened so we can all be on
	the same page. We'll go directly off of Irena's tracker bug. Once on the
	bug, if you expand dependency tree you get the nice list we'll go over.
     SG: there is one thing I wanted to do, as we go through the list, we can add
	a name to who is working on it. All that you have is the RedHat
	maintainer, who may not be the person working on it
     GW: makes sense .. absolutely. Who wants to do the updating
     IB: I can update the bugzilla. just put info in meeting note and publish it
	as well

RHEL 5+ Packages:
	kernel-2.6.18-6.el5.lspp.64
	kernel-devel-2.6.18-6.el5.lspp.64
	kernel-doc-2.6.18-6.el5.lspp.64
	mcstrans-0.2.1-1.el5
	selinux-policy-2.4.6-32.el5
	selinux-policy-devel-2.4.6-32.el5
	selinux-policy-mls-2.4.6-32.el5
	selinux-policy-strict-2.4.6-32.el5
	selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-32.el5

Bug List Provided by Irina Boverman Fri Feb 9 13:58:56 EST 2007:
ID 	Alias 	Sev 	Pri 	Plt 	Status 	Resolution 	Summary

211827 		nor 	nor 	All 	ASSI 			LSPP: Can't mount with additional contexts
     GW: this one has been reopened by klaus kiwi in Brazil.
     LK: looks like Dan updated it today as being fixed
     DW: mcstrans is still a bit broken. The problem is we don't really have good
	syntax for it. I sent out an email suggesting what I would like to see
	done with it.
     LK: does this bugzilla need another update saying it is not fixed then?
     DW: we fixed the ssh, the problem now is that the translation is still not
	working. translating multiple categories is a bit difficult. I am
	trying to figure out the best way to code it up.
     SG: Are you saying this bug is mcstrans and not util-Linux related?
     DW: correct. There is bug in setrans that was truncating labels
     CH: it's entirely a translation problem
     DW: it's truncating everything after first comma. the ssh problem and mount
	problem are really same thing.
     SG: we should close one as a duplicate of other
     DW: should really close both and open new bug on translation. these two bugs
	are just reporting a symptom of bad translation. The real problem is the
	translation mechanism. I think the way I understand it it's difficult
	because of all rules we have
     SG: are we gonna close these two and open new one then?
     DW: mcstrans is just broken
     GW: so we need to design new syntax
     DW: if you had left hand side translated, then you return left hand side.
	The curent code looks for sensitivty then tries to translate entire left
	side. if you have a range, it translates right and left sides
	separately. we are trying to optimize it to use least ammount of
	characters and be easy on people filling up the table. I think this is
	better discussed on the list. I will try to write syntax then write code
	to match that syntax. I don't want to have to specially code systemHigh.
     GW: Ok, so we need to hammer details on list. this will affect selinux as
	well as lspp?
     DW: On selinux side we ignore sensitivty so it's not a problem .. that's
why 	it wasn't caught before.
     GW: ok, sounds like we need to take this off line
     IB: libselinux it's not on the list ...
     GW: these 2 bugs will get closed and new one will open and we'll continue
	discussion on mailing list.
     LS: who's going to take action on this bug?
     GW: Dan volunettered to close other two and open a new one

218386 		nor 	nor	pow 	ASSI 		 	LSPP: labeled ipsec does not work over loopback
     JL: I didnt' have time last week to check this. I'll try this week.
     GW: do you mind your name being assigned to it
     JL: not really, but I don't know who else will work on it. I know the issue,
	I just need to go see if it is someting we can resolve.

     GW: 219611 is currently closed. why is it still on the list
     IB: I'll remove them, sometime is shows up if discussion is still going
     SG: I'd consider those closed.. if there is still discussion it should be
	re-opened. Modified means it has been fixed and still waiting QA review.

220482		nor	nor 	All 	ASSI 		 	LSPP: CIPSO-to-unlabeled TCP connections block
     LS: Paul had put a comment in the bugzilla and I tried his suggestion (to
	try the connection in the other direction). From what I can see which I
	also posted in the bug, the communication doesn't happen as long as one
	system doens't understand cipso and the other does. What seems to be
	happening is that the none cipso system doesn't understand the cipso
	option it's receiving and drops the packet sending and ICMP error ack to
	the cipso system. I thought that was the expected behavior and Paul
	confirmed that. Now I am just waiting for Klaus to say if that is
	satisfactory.
     KW: I think it's been two separate issues, first there was specific bug for
	kernel not allocating enough memory for the header. This is now a
	separate issue but I am not sure what the problem is. For evaluation
	puprose, it is ok if two (cipso/non-cipso) systems don't talk to each
	other
     SG: what about ability to export data requirement?
     KW: The cipso configured system can reject unlabeled packets which we have.