Re: Text is missing

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sander Hoentjen" <tjikkun xs4all nl> To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list redhat com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 5:18 AM
Subject: Re: Text is missing

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 12:52 +0200, Sander Hoentjen wrote:
On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 12:54 -0700, Jim Bevier wrote:
> After todays updates, no text is displayed in KDE. You can see text > while > menus are redrawn, but they then disappear. Under GNOME, they mostly > work. > Some text needs to be moused over before it is displayed. I have no > idea
> what broke this.  Any help on how to figure out what is bad would be
> appreciated.
> Jim
I have the same issue on a FC5 system with only *xorg* updated
Various texts are missing, but their underlines and strike-troughs are

downgrading xorg-x11-server-Xorg from to 1.0.1-9.fc5.1.1
(and the various xorg-x11-drv, which i cheated on since i only
downgraded kbd and mouse) solved it for me.

I am running on Rawhide, but the solution was the same. I downgraded xorg-x11-server-Xorg from to and now I can see my text fine in both GNOME and KDE. Thanks for the info on tracing this problem down.

fedora-test-list mailing list
fedora-test-list redhat com
To unsubscribe: