Re: compiz on ppc64 testing

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 22:36 +0300, Nikolay Vladimirov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There is now compiz on ppc64. Can someone try it? Just basic stuff.
> Also please report if some compiz related packages are missing for
> ppc64. Thanks !

Nikolay,

Good work getting this to compile, but.. unless I'm mistaken, ppc64
machines all have (mostly) ppc userspace. (It's kind of the opposite of
x86_64 - most of the system is 32-bit, except some specific
compatibility stuff that needs to be 64-bit.)

For example, my ppc64 machine (dual G5 power mac) already has compiz.ppc
installed, and *that* runs just fine. But I'll give the ppc64 version a
shot.

Are there ppc64 machines which use all-ppc64 userspace?

-w