[rhn-satellite-beta-users] RHN Satellite Beta not working with Safari

DCLUX Sysadmin sysadmin at sysadmin.dclux.com
Fri Feb 2 09:08:12 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have find why I couldn't login into RHN with Safari :

My local computer (Safari) date was 10:00 am, but the server date was

[root at rhn5beta log]# date
Fri Feb  2 09:00:46 CET 2007

So one our difference between the 2 servers

I have see into the /var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out this output after
trying
to login with Safari and no result :

2007-02-02 09:00:42,436 [TP-Processor2] WARN
com.redhat.rhn.frontend.servlets.ContextFilter - timezone still null

So I have adjust the date of rhn5beta server to my local computer date

[root at rhn5beta log]# date 0202100307
Fri Feb  2 10:03:00 CET 2007

And here I can now log with Safari into RHN.

Why is this problem occuring with Safari and not Firefox ?

Regards

Le 26 janv. 07 à 10:34, DCLUX Sysadmin a écrit :

> Hello ~m,
>
> I use Safari version 2.0.4 (419.3)
>
> I'm trying to login from the front login page of RHN Satellite
> (https://rhn5beta.dclux.loc/rhn/Login.do).
>
> When I submit my login & password, i'm redirected to another login
> page (https://rhn5beta.dclux.loc/rhn/YourRhn.do),
> without error message. From the second login page, the login &
> password don't working also.
>
> I have verified my login & password, they are good under firefox.
>
> Regards.
>
> Le 25 janv. 07 à 17:34, Máirín Duffy a écrit :
>
>> Hi Eric!
>>
>> DCLUX Sysadmin wrote:
>>
>>> https://rhn5beta.domain.xxx/rhn/YourRhn.do (under Safari), the
>>> login phase don't work
>>> You just go back on the same page on and on.
>>> With firefox it's working fine.
>>
>> Thank you for reporting your issue here!
>>
>> What version of Safari are you using? Are you logging in from the
>> front login page of RHN Satellite (e.g., 'https://
>> rhn5.beta.domain.com/') or are you trying to log into the
>> Satellite from an expired page? If the latter, does logging in
>> from the front page work?
>>
>> I was unable to reproduce this issue logging into the front page
>> of an RHN 5.0 Beta Satellite using Safari 2.0.4.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> ~m

Eric ROMANG
Linux System Engineer