[rhos-list] Greeting, welcome, and introduction

Ioan Eugen Stan ieugen at axemblr.com
Tue Aug 14 16:29:44 UTC 2012

Hello,

Nice to meet you Mark, everybody. I'm Ioan Eugen Stan, CTO of Axemblr
[1], a start-up focused on delivering a Hadoop on cloud
infrastructure. We have a tool [2] and working on a service [3]
compatible with Amazon EMR that allow users to provision Hadoop in the
cloud. The tool is in private beta, and the service is almost demo
ready. We successfully deployed Cloudera CDH in Rackspace using the
Amazon EMR ruby client.

We also do consulting in Hadoop / cloud (jclouds) / distributed systems area.

We are very excited to see RedHat's support for OpenStack as it's one
of the clouds we are targeting (the new Rackspace cloud), but also for
private use. Does RedHat offer developer support/access for it's
OpenStack offering? That would be very great.

If you wish to know more or test the tool, visit the website, write us
an email or follow us on twitter: @axemblr.

Cheers,

[1] http://axemblr.com/
[2] http://axemblr.com/tool